The SimplytheBest Standard License (“License”) gives you the right to use any item purchased in a personal or commercial project for yourself or a client, but the item cannot be resold or redistributed on its own, or used in a product offered for sale. If you create an end product for a client, your rights to purchased items are transferred from you to your client. If the client intends to sell that end product, the client will need to purchase an Extended License.
- use the licensed item for personal or commercial use.
- fonts, software and other installable items (i.e. installed on your computer) may only be installed on a single computer, but can be used in multiple projects.
- use a purchased logo in a website for yourself or for one client.
- all other items may only be used in a single commercial project, for yourself or on behalf of a client, on its own, or as part of a new work.
- when used as part of a new work, only one copy of the new work can be distributed using the licensed part as long as the copy is not offered for sale.
- sublicense, resell, share, transfer, or otherwise redistribute the licensed item on its own (even for free).
- use in a product offered for sale.
- trademark the item or the end product using the item.
- use a purchased icon set as functional icons in your app, such as button icons. Use a purchased icon set as artwork that enhances actual gameplay in your app.
- offer a purchased theme to users of your hosting or blogging service (even for free).
- use a purchased font to create a logo for a client. Distribute the purchased font with the logo.
- include a purchased logo with a website offered for sale or distributed for free.
- convert a purchased website template to a theme to sell or distribute for free.
- use Licensed components that are included in an item outside of the item. Your use is restricted to within the purchased item. You may not extract any licensed components from the item.
Portions of some products may be covered by an open source software license such as the GPL (GNU General Public License). In these cases, any portions of the product not covered by an open source license will be covered by this License. All CMS themes (WordPress, Joomla, etc.) are distributed under a GPL license. Read more about the GPL license.
If you are still unclear about what is or isn’t allowed under this License, please contact our support team.
The Extended License
An Extended License allows purchased items to be used in end products that are for sale or distributed for free whereby the end product cannot be the same type of end product as the purchased item. F.e. a purchased theme cannot be revamped to become another theme. Each Extended License covers one project. When the end product is used for TV, streaming, online videos, broadcasts and similar, the number of impressions is limited to 10,000. An additional license will have to be acquired from the author/publisher. Extended License options and prices are set by the author of the item and are typically between 10 times and 15 times the Standard License price.