1) Insert this script in the <HEAD> section of the page.
2) Insert the onLoad event handler inside the
<BODY> tag as follows:
onLoad=type_text(), followed by
other tags such as bgcolor, etc..
3) Insert this <FORM> where
you want the textbox to appear in the page:
4) Define the message in this section of the script:
var tl=new Array(
"Welcome to SimplytheBest DHTML Scripts.",
"A large collection of selected",
"FREE to use." //
Note: do not add a comma (,) at the end of the last row of text
5) Adjust the speed of the typing text and the timeout
length (when it switches to the next line of text) in this section of the script:
var speed=60; // The bigger
the value the slower the speed
// The bigger the value the longer the break
Note: if you change the number or rows in the <TEXTAREA>
(f.e. rows=10), in order to deactivate the vertical scrollbar, you'll
to adjust the value in this section of the script:
Number of rows in the textarea (i.e. 10) minus one (i.e. 9)
6) Optionally you could combine this script with the scrollbar
styles script to color the text area scrollbars.