CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE
Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported
CREATIVE COMMONS CORPORATION IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES. DISTRIBUTION OF THIS LICENSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CREATIVE COMMONS PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS. CREATIVE COMMONS MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ITS USE.
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.
BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. TO THE EXTENT THIS LICENSE MAY BE CONSIDERED TO BE A CONTRACT, THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- "Adaptation" means a work based upon the Work, or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, adaptation, derivative work, arrangement of music or other alterations of a literary or artistic work, or phonogram or performance and includes cinematographic adaptations or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted including in any form recognizably derived from the original, except that a work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical work, performance or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License.
- "Collection" means a collection of literary or artistic works, such as encyclopedias and anthologies, or performances, phonograms or broadcasts, or other works or subject matter other than works listed in Section 1(f) below, which, by reason of the selection and arrangement of their contents, constitute intellectual creations, in which the Work is included in its entirety in unmodified form along with one or more other contributions, each constituting separate and independent works in themselves, which together are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation (as defined above) for the purposes of this License.
- "Distribute" means to make available to the public the original and copies of the Work through sale or other transfer of ownership.
- "Licensor" means the individual, individuals, entity or entities that offer(s) the Work under the terms of this License.
- "Original Author" means, in the case of a literary or artistic work, the individual, individuals, entity or entities who created the Work or if no individual or entity can be identified, the publisher; and in addition (i) in the case of a performance the actors, singers, musicians, dancers, and other persons who act, sing, deliver, declaim, play in, interpret or otherwise perform literary or artistic works or expressions of folklore; (ii) in the case of a phonogram the producer being the person or legal entity who first fixes the sounds of a performance or other sounds; and, (iii) in the case of broadcasts, the organization that transmits the broadcast.
- "Work" means the literary and/or artistic work offered under the terms of this License including without limitation any production in the literary, scientific and artistic domain, whatever may be the mode or form of its expression including digital form, such as a book, pamphlet and other writing; a lecture, address, sermon or other work of the same nature; a dramatic or dramatico-musical work; a choreographic work or entertainment in dumb show; a musical composition with or without words; a cinematographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to cinematography; a work of drawing, painting, architecture, sculpture, engraving or lithography; a photographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to photography; a work of applied art; an illustration, map, plan, sketch or three-dimensional work relative to geography, topography, architecture or science; a performance; a broadcast; a phonogram; a compilation of data to the extent it is protected as a copyrightable work; or a work performed by a variety or circus performer to the extent it is not otherwise considered a literary or artistic work.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- "Publicly Perform" means to perform public recitations of the Work and to communicate to the public those public recitations, by any means or process, including by wire or wireless means or public digital performances; to make available to the public Works in such a way that members of the public may access these Works from a place and at a place individually chosen by them; to perform the Work to the public by any means or process and the communication to the public of the performances of the Work, including by public digital performance; to broadcast and rebroadcast the Work by any means including signs, sounds or images.
- "Reproduce" means to make copies of the Work by any means including without limitation by sound or visual recordings and the right of fixation and reproducing fixations of the Work, including storage of a protected performance or phonogram in digital form or other electronic medium.
2. Fair Dealing Rights
Nothing in this License is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any uses free from copyright or rights arising from limitations or exceptions that are provided for in connection with the copyright protection under copyright law or other applicable laws.
3. License Grant
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
- to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as
incorporated in the Collections; and,
- to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- Non-waivable Compulsory License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the
right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme cannot be waived, the
Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights
granted under this License;
- Waivable Compulsory License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the
right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme can be waived, the
Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights
granted under this License; and,
- Voluntary License Schemes. The Licensor waives the right to collect royalties,
whether individually or, in the event that the Licensor is a member of a collecting society that
administers voluntary licensing schemes, via that society, from any exercise by You of the rights
granted under this License.
The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above
rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media
and formats, but otherwise you have no rights to make Adaptations. Subject to Section 8(f), all rights not
expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work only under the terms of this License. You must include a copy
of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for, this License with every copy of the Work You Distribute or
Publicly Perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that restrict the terms of this License or
the ability of the recipient of the Work to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the
License. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the
disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. When You Distribute or
Publicly Perform the Work, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Work that
restrict the ability of a recipient of the Work from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under
the terms of the License. This Section 4(a) applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collection, but this does
not require the Collection apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You
create a Collection, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the
Collection any credit as required by Section 4(b), as requested.
- If You Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work or Collections, You must, unless a request has been made
pursuant to Section 4(a), keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the
medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if
supplied, and/or if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g., a sponsor
institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution ("Attribution Parties") in Licensor's copyright notice,
terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; (ii) the title of the Work if
supplied; (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, the URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated
with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work.
The credit required by this Section 4(b) may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however,
that in the case of a Collection, at a minimum such credit will appear, if a credit for all contributing
authors of the Collection appears, then as part of these credits and in a manner at least as prominent as the
credits for the other contributing authors. For the avoidance of doubt, You may only use the credit required
by this Section for the purpose of attribution in the manner set out above and, by exercising Your rights under
this License, You may not implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement
by the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties, as appropriate, of You or Your use of the Work,
without the separate, express prior written permission of the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution
- Except as otherwise agreed in writing by the Licensor or as may be otherwise permitted by applicable law, if
You Reproduce, Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work either by itself or as part of any Collections, You must
not distort, mutilate, modify or take other derogatory action in relation to the Work which would be prejudicial
to the Original Author's honor or reputation.
5. Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer
UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO
REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE
ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation on Liability
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the
terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Collections from You under this License,
however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance
with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of
the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the
Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that
any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to
be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless
terminated as stated above.
- Each time You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work or a Collection, the Licensor offers to the recipient a
license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect
the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the
parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such
provision valid and enforceable.
- No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or
consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There
are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall
not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be
modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.
- The rights granted under, and the subject matter referenced, in this License were drafted utilizing the
terminology of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (as amended on September 28,
1979), the Rome Convention of 1961, the WIPO Copyright Treaty of 1996, the WIPO Performances and Phonograms
Treaty of 1996 and the Universal Copyright Convention (as revised on July 24, 1971). These rights and subject
matter take effect in the relevant jurisdiction in which the License terms are sought to be enforced according to
the corresponding provisions of the implementation of those treaty provisions in the applicable national law.
If the standard suite of rights granted under applicable copyright law includes additional rights not granted
under this License, such additional rights are deemed to be included in the License; this License is not intended
to restrict the license of any rights under applicable law.
Creative Commons Notice
Creative Commons is not a party to this License, and makes no warranty whatsoever in connection with the Work.
Creative Commons will not be liable to You or any party on any legal theory for any damages whatsoever, including
without limitation any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising in connection to this
license. Notwithstanding the foregoing two (2) sentences, if Creative Commons has expressly identified itself as
the Licensor hereunder, it shall have all rights and obligations of Licensor.
Except for the limited purpose of indicating to the public that the Work is licensed under the CCPL, Creative
Commons does not authorize the use by either party of the trademark "Creative Commons" or any related trademark or
logo of Creative Commons without the prior written consent of Creative Commons. Any permitted use will be in
compliance with Creative Commons' then-current trademark usage guidelines, as may be published on its website or
otherwise made available upon request from time to time. For the avoidance of doubt, this trademark restriction
does not form part of this License.
Creative Commons may be contacted at http://creativecommons.org.